Human Resources Communications, Immigration & Talent Acquisition
The Immigration Services Office (ISO) is the Medical School’s resource for immigration matters. ISO serves as the official liaison with U.S. federal agencies that are concerned with issues related to international students and employees who are working or studying at UMMS. We provide support and advising services to UMMS' international student and scholar community, as well as to the academic and research departments who host them.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The University of Massachusetts Medical School is seeking an Emerging Professionals Human Resources Communication’s Intern that will work across multiple areas of human resources focused on 1) Human Resources Communications, 2) Talent Acquisition and 3) Immigration Services. This role will assist the human resources department leverage both internal and external communications via web design project work and social media targeting the above mentioned human resources departments.
- Partner with Human Resources Communications, Learning and Talent Development staff to re-design the human resources website, welcome handbook and other communication tasks.
- Complete research and design for Immigration communications web page.
- Coordinate and develop an Immigration Employee Handbook
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Acquisition and Talent Specialist on developing, implementing and completing various social media strategies and branding activities to support recruitment and outreach goals.
- Source passive job seekers to assist with talent identification of qualified and diverse candidates.
- Perform a variety of administrative work involving use of independent judgment, accuracy, speed, and confidentiality
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information
- Demonstrates the ability to utilizes independent judgment, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department and customers
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
Environmental Working Conditions:
- No unusual working conditions
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position
- Frequent interaction with department’s management staff and clinical departmental leaders