Monthly Movie and Viewings of The Connection
Monthly Movie Night at the Center for Mindfulness
In this highly philosophical film by acclaimed director Terrence Malick, young Jack (Hunter McCracken) is one of three brothers growing up as part of the O'Brien family in small-town Texas. Jack has a contentious relationship with his father (Brad Pitt), but gets along well with his beautiful mother (Jessica Chastain). As an adult, Jack (Sean Penn) struggles with his past and tries to make sense of his childhood, while also grappling with bigger existential issues. Discussant for this film will be Margaret Fletcher.
A young woman, born at the turn of the 20th century, is rendered ageless after an
accident. After many solitary years, she meets a man who complicates the eternal
life she has settled into. Discussant for this film will be Éowyn Ahlstrom.
How do these movies fit with mindfulness? Join us to find out! Moderated by CFM staff and special guests, the CFM Movie Night series explores the deeper themes and subject matter of the films, which have been chosen for their connections to mindfulness, meditation, and related topics.
Monthly Movie Night occurs at the Center for Mindfulness in Shrewsbury, MA and it is Free and open to all - please join us!
The Connection Viewings
- Learn more about the practice of mindfulness and the numerous resources available at our academic medical center.
- After viewing the 70 minute video, participate in an interactive discussion and learn about mindfulness programmings and new resources to continue or adopt a mindfulness practice.
- We encourage you to take the time to learn about the benefits of mindfulness for yourself and our patients.
Tri-River in Uxbridge
- Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:30 -7:00 pm – Clinic
Montachusett Internal Medicine
North County Neurology & Nephrology
- Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:00 -8:00 pm - Guild Conf Rm
Hahnemann FHC Campus
- Monday, September 21, 11:00 am – Ann Nemitz Room
- Monday, September 21, 12:30 pm– Ann Nemitz Room
- Monday, September 21, 3:00 pm –Amphitheater
- Wednesday, September 23, 3:00 pm – Amphitheater
South Street Campus
- Monday, September 21, 3:00 pm – Amphitheater
- Tuesday, September 22, 3:00 pm – Amphitheater
- Monday September 21, 12:00 pm – Lazare Auditorium
- Friday, September 25, 12:00 pm – Amphitheater I