Women's Faculty Committee Mission Statement
The Mission of the Women's Faculty Committee of UMMS/UMMHC is to address the needs of women faculty and promote the status of women in the University of Massachusetts Medical School and the UMass Memorial Health Care clinical system.
Our goals include the following:
- To encourage the hiring, promotion and retention of women faculty
- To provide appropriate programming and special events to enhance career development.
- To provide oversight in hiring individuals in administrative and leadership positions in the school and clinical system as well as oversight of the composition of the major committees in each system so as to have fair representation.
- To promote Women's Health initiatives in the clinical system and medical school curriculum.
- To provide mentoring of medical and graduate students for careers in clinical and academic medicine.
- To create a supportive and welcoming environment so women faculty may grow in their roles as clinicians, educators, researchers, scholars, leaders and mentors.
Check out publications and presentations by Women Faculty at the library's eScholarship site!!!!
Women’s Faculty Committee Awards
The Office of Faculty Affairs sponsors the annual Women's Faculty Committee Awards luncheon, at which outstanding faculty are recognized for their contributions to UMMS and their support of women faculty.
Photo: 2015 award winners: WFC Co-Chair - Anne Salerno, MD, Early Career Achievement in Science & Health Award - Sarah Cutrona, MD, MPH, Outstanding Mentoring Award - Marianne Felice, MD, Excellence in Clinical Service Award - Heather Forkey, Recipient of the Outstanding Community Award - Patricia McQuilkin, MD, Sarah Stone Excellence in Education Award - Melissa Fischer, MD, MEd, Women in Science and Health Achievements Award - Melissa Moore, PhD, WFC Co-Chair - Molly Waring, PhD
Call for Nominations!
Nominations are now being accepted for the Women's Faculty Committee Outstanding Faculty Awards. Deadline to apply: Monday, February 22, 2016.
Download Nomination Guidelines
Download WFC Past Recipients List
Women's Faculty Newsletters
Find the AAMC report on Women in Medicine and the Bias and Barriers Report from the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering and the Institute of Medicine on our Links page.
Women's Faculty Committee By-Laws
AAMC Report : Women In Medicine
Bias and Barriers Report from National Academy of Science