PhD in Nursing Program
There are two pathways to the PhD in Nursing: BS to PhD and the Masters to PhD and Masters to PhD option is open to nurses and non-nurses. Completed Applications are due by March 15th. Applicants must submit a completed application to Nursing CAS by the deadline date to be considered for admission. Application status emails will be sent to the email provided on the application via Nursing CAS.
- Applicant must have a master's degree in nursing or related health field (for post-master's option) or be a registered nurse with a BS degree (for the BS to PhD option)
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0 or higher
Requirements for Admission PhD Program
- Completed Application submitted to Nursing CAS refer to Nursing CAS instructions.
- Three letters of recommendation (including the attached recommendation form) are required. One recommendation must be from a recent supervisor who can evaluate your employment experience (current or previous); two recommendations should be academic references from persons who have academic doctoral degrees and can evaluate your academic potential must be submitted directly to Nursing CAS.
- Resume uploaded to Nursing CAS
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly to Nursing CAS. Students obtaining a degree in a Foreign Country must have transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) prior to applying for admission.
- Personal Statement uploaded to Nursing CAS refer to Nursing CAS instructions for essay requirement.
- One example of scholarly writing (i.e., publication, scholarly paper)
- Clinical research focus that is congruent with that of a faculty member
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test (submitted directly to the Graduate School of Nursing from ETS (School Code 3947 Department code 0610)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required from international students who have not earned a degree in a country where English is the primary language.
- Complete Graduate School of Nursing checklist, submit directly to the Graduate School of Nursing. (PRINT CHECKLIST)
- A notarized proof of residency (all applicants, both Massachusetts Residents and non-residents, must submit) (PRINT FORM)
- College Level Statistics Course