Supervision in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Supervision in MBSR gives you the opportunity to actively engage in dialogue with a CFM senior instructor by phone, online, or in person, to explore issues and questions that arise out of your own MBSR teaching.
Through personal support, guidance, dialogue, and precise feedback, Supervision in MBSR fosters greater self-knowledge, specificity, and comprehensiveness in your teaching. Grounded in respect for and trust in your innate genius and curiosity, this program gives you a chance to investigate, understand, and refine your teaching capabilities, attitudes, and skills. Those moving toward MBSR Teacher Certification must teach at least one MBSR course while under supervision. A minimum of 8-10 supervision sessions is required.
Supervision Assessment and Reflection
Following the completion of all required Supervision sessions, your supervisor will conduct an evaluation of your progress, including your own self-evaluation and reflection. You may be asked to refine your understanding further by:
- Attending other Oasis Institute training programs or additional retreats,
- Studying and/or teaching more, or
- Receiving additional supervision.
Application fee: $50 payable to the CFM. Supervision is ongoing and may be initiated at any time, following the acceptance of your application for the program. The fee for Supervision is $125 per hour.
Hourly supervision charges are applied to the following:
- Telephone and/or onsite Supervision sessions
- Review of classroom teaching materials, including audiotapes and CD's
- Review of teaching demonstration videotape or onsite observation
Fees for Supervision are billed per session hour and due upon receipt of statements.
How to Apply:
Please apply using our online application form. You will need to have your CV/Resume available on your computer before you begin filling out the application form because you will attach it to the application form and you cannot submit the form without the CV/Resume. The CV/Resume should be in MS Word or PDF format.
*** Please click here for the application form.
After you submit your application, you must pay a $50 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable, regardless of your final acceptance status.
You have three options for paying this application fee:
- Click here to make an online payment using MasterCard or Visa; or
- Call Jessica in our office at 508-856-1084 to make a credit card payment over the phone (we can accept payment with American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards over the phone); or
- Mail a check payable to UMMS-CFM to:
Center for Mindfulness
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655