|Single Session Introductory Programs|
Two hour program
Resiliency suggests the capacity to bounce back, to recover from setbacks or adversity. Some synonyms include: buoyancy, elasticity, flexibility, pliancy, and supple…words that suggest meeting the moment, event, or circumstance with energy and awareness rather than pushing the experience away or running from it. This kind of fluidity calls for skills that we may have forgotten: paying attention, being present, knowing our thoughts and emotions and responding to ourselves and others with curiosity and care. These qualities: Attention, care, responding, and being present are the very qualities of mindfulness. Mindfulness, like resilience, is an innate, human capacity that many of us have lost touch with.
In this two-hour program, the instructor will
• introduce and guide participants in formal mindfulness practices,
• introduce the concepts of mindfulness and resilience, and participants will have the opportunity to identify their current resources and see how mindfulness practice can enhance what they already do well, and
• explore how to put mindfulness practices in place throughout the workday in order to build resilience and skill in dealing with change.
Half or Full Day Program
Mindfulness and You: The Wisdom and Pragmatism of a Simple Practice™
is a half or full day retreat training about mindfulness meditation, practices, and its applications in everyday life.
What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in your life, a way of taking charge of your life, a way of doing something for yourself that no one else can do for you — consciously and systematically working with your own challenges and demands of everyday life.
Mindfulness is not something that you have to “get” or acquire. It is already within you — a deep internal resource available and patiently waiting to be released and used in the service of learning and growing
During this interactive and participatory half day (4 hour) or full day (8 hour) course of experience and dialogue, you will, in various levels of depth depending on the length of the program you choose,
• explore what mindfulness is,
• learn about what research tells us about mindfulness practice,
• experience various simple‐to‐learn mindfulness formal and informal practices,
• explore ways to work with transitions in the workplace by way of integrating mindfulness into your day
• participate in communications exercises and discussion that will explore new ways to approach challenging situations and other barriers to effective teamwork
*We are able to customize this curriculum for a half or full day program, based on your needs. We will work with you to assess which format is appropriate for your organization or group
Half-Day or Full Day ProgramProgram Overview
People who work in the helping professions are motivated by a deep sense of compassion for others and a desire to help those in need. Unfortunately, the inherent demands of this work are routinely very stressful. This daily experience of stress can affect us in very personal ways that often go unrecognized. A successful and enduring career requires each of us to develop effective ways of coping.
This adventurous half day
or full day*
program will provide you with a range of practical and easy to learn techniques, and will include mindfulness practice, discussion, and scientific research related to mindfulness meditation.
You will learn skills to help you strengthen your ability to better respond to situations that produce tension and stress and learn ways to incorporate this practice into the work environment. You will also investigate ways of coping with physical/emotional pain, manage time more effectively, and learn to deal with the inevitable transitions in life.*We are able to customize this curriculum for a half or full day program, based on your needs. We will work with you to assess which format is appropriate for your organization or group.
[ Back to evolve... home page ]