Continuing Education, Workshops & Initiatives
Ongoing education and training, included related services, programs and ongoing initiatives allow you to explore mindfulness-based applications and interventions that are focused on specific areas of expertise.
These workshops and training programs offer an experiential exploration of mindfulness-based approaches that appeal to a broad range of professionals, including physicians, health care professionals working with specific populations, educators and trainers, and MBSR teachers, among others.
If you would like to be placed on our contacts list for Oasis Continuing Education Program announcements and mailings, please click HERE.
Teaching Presence in Relationship
With Florence Meleo-Meyer and Phyllis Hicks
May 1 – 8, 2015
Teaching Presence in Relationship is a training designed to prepare MBSR instructors to teach Interpersonal Mindfulness to MBSR graduates. Based on the meditation practice of Insight Dialogue, awareness, mental stability, and calmness associated with silent meditation is developed in practice with others. Participants experience greater freedom internally and interpersonally as they integrate meditative qualities directly into relationship.
- Participate in a regular personal meditation practice
- Previous participation in at least one 7 – 10 day silent, teacher-led retreat
- Previous participation in at least two 5 – 7 day Insight Dialogue retreats*
- Previous participation in at least one of Oasis’ Professional Training Programs, beyond the basic MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine program**
- Currently teach MBSR
* Second Insight Dialogue Retreat requirement can be met with one of the following:
- Two Interpersonal Mindfulness and Inquiry Retreats
- A level one Interpersonal Mindfulness Program Training (8-week training)
- Completion of a Metta online program such as Introduction to Online Insight Dialogue
**MBSR/MBCT training from another institution may be applicable. Please include training components, dates, and instructors in the registration form.
Please visit the metta.org website for more details and upcoming prerequisite retreat opportunities.
Phyllis K. Hicks
The Interpersonal Mindfulness Program is a collaboration between The Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Metta Programs.