How it works
Learn to cultivate life-long tools that will help you maximize your life, even when facing stress, illness and pain.
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with your own stress, pain and illness - and the challenges and demands of your everyday life.
Your instructors will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Daily home assignments
- Four home practice CDs and a home practice workbook
What is the course schedule and time commitment?
You will attend group classes for 2 ½ hours, once a week for 8 weeks. Classes are offered in the morning or evening. You receive 31 hours of direct instruction.
You will also attend one All-Day weekend class in between classes 6 and 7.
The 8-week program is offered four times each year: in fall, winter, spring and summer.
View upcoming program schedule.
Classes are offered at the UMass Medical School Center For Mindfulness in Shrewsbury, MA.
What do you have to do?
- Attend a morning or evening pre-program Orientation Session (required and free of charge)
- Attend all 8 classes
- Attend the All-Day weekend class
- Practice daily home assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
How much does it cost?
Click here for Tuition and Payment Plans
How do you get started?
- Look at the Class Schedule and select class days/times that might work for you.
- Contact us by phone at 508-856-2656 or email email@example.com to express interest and get your questions answered.
- Check the Orientation schedule to find an Orientation Session that works for you.
- Complete the Orientation Registration Form