Janet Solyntjes, MA, CYT
Senior MBSR Teacher and Mentor
M.A. Dance, the University of Colorado, Boulder, 1983
B.F.A. Dance, Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri, 1977
Certified Yoga Teacher, 2007
Focus & Interests
- MBSR as a tool for creating an enlightened society
- Mindfulness in the workplace
- The power of contemplative practice in group retreat settings
- MBSR for non-profit groups and teams
Janet Solyntjes, MA, has been teaching meditation and body awareness practices since 1994 and MBSR courses since 2002. She is a senior teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition and Adjunct Professor at Naropa University where she teaches MBSR courses for staff members and Buddhist-based meditation courses for both undergraduate and graduate students.
She has been practicing meditation since 1984 and leads mindfulness retreats in the U.S. and internationally. Throughout her time as a meditation teacher she has served as a mentor for practitioners and continues to support individuals on the path of meditation. Her graduate thesis work focused on small group process in collaborative endeavors – a passion that continues to unfold through collaborative teaching situations.
Janet and her husband, Jeff Price, are co-founders of the Boulder-based Center for Courageous Living, committed to promoting the inherent goodness of individuals and groups through a variety of supportive services, programs, and retreats.
- MBSR teacher in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado, 2002-present
- Co-teacher of the 7-day Silent Mindfulness Meditation Retreat recommended for Oasis students, 2013–present
- Executive Director of the Boulder Shambhala Center, 2003-2008
- Co-founder of the Center for Courageous Living, 2002–present
- Adjunct Professor, Naropa University, 1986-present
- Meditation teacher for Shambhala Online courses, 2014-preset
- Meditation instructor and/or retreat leader at Omega, Hollyhock, Shambhala Mountain Center, and Karmê Chöling, 1997-present