|Beckman Spectrophotometer DU 640||S7-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|Beckman Scintillation Counter LS 6500||S3-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|Beckman Ultra centrifuge L8-70M||S3-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|Beckman Avanti J-25 centrifuge||S3-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|GE/Amersham Molecular Dynamics Storm Phosphoimager 840||S3-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|Alpha Innotech Alphaimager 2000 (gel documentation system)||S3-202||Shirwin Pockwinse|
|Source One Kodak X-Ray Processor M35A with silver recovery system||S3-301C||Shirwin Pockwinse|
| || || |
|Histology Laboratory with instrumentation for processing and sectioning tissues: Sakura Tissue-Tek Tissue Processor, Sakura Embedding Station, Bright Cryostat, paraffin and plastic embedded tissue microtomes||SA-103||Sadiq Hassan|
| || || |
|Electron Microscopy Facility equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation||SA-114||Gregory Hendricks|
- FEI Quanta 200 MKII FEG ESEM; Capable of High Vacuum- High resolution, Environmental, and Low Vacuum Modes for SEM. It is also equipped with an Oxford-Link EDS system for simultaneous elemental analysis allowing the collection of SEI (topographic), BSI (atomic contrast), x-ray data and STEM (transmitted electron imaging) data on most any kind of specimen.
- Philips CM120 Cryo; with a LaB6 thermionic gun for Cryo-EM and electron tomographic studies. Equipped with a High Resolution Teitz fiber optic coupled digital camera system.
- Philips CM10-Conventional TEM; with a tungsten thermionic gun for “standard” TEM studies. This microscope is equipped with a fast scan, Gatan lens coupled digital 11 Mega pixel camera system.
- FEI Tecnai 12 BioTwin; with a LaB6 thermionic gun for Cryo-EM and electron tomographic studies. Equipped with a High Resolution “Eagle” fiber optic coupled digital camera system and a fast scan, Gatan lens coupled digital 11 Mega pixel camera system.
- 1 Leica EM UC7 room temperature ultramicrotome for sectioning plastic embedded specimens
- 2 Reichert-Jung UltraCut E ultramicrotomes, and a FC4D cryo chamber. These microtomes can be used for either room temperature sectioning or cryo-sectioning.
- Leica EM Trim2 plastic block trimmer
- Denton Vacuum Evaporation system- 502B for making carbon films and metal shadowing
- Reichert-Jung CS Auto Cryo substitution apparatus for low temperature embedding
- AutoSamdri-815; critical point dryer for drying specimens for SEM applications
- Cressington 208HR sputter coater, for producing ultra-thin conductive coatings for High Resolution SEM
- Balzars Freeze-Fracture apparatus for preparing frozen fractured specimens for TEM analysis of membrane proteins
| || || |
|The Confocal Microscopy Core equipped with a Leica SP scanning confocal microscope built around a Leica DMIRBE inverted microscope. This system features 3 lasers (Ar, Kr, and HeNe), spectrophotometric light detection with four channels, a DIC channel, and an Acoustical Optical Tunable Filter. Several perfusion and constant temperature chambers are available for live cell studies.||S3-301B||Jeffrey Nickerson or Jean Underwood|
| || || |