Tissue Bank Services
The Tissue and Tumor Bank at UMass Medical School provides the following services to cancer researchers at UMass, as well as other academic institutions and commercial enterprises:
- Paraffin blocks dating back to 1993 (in collaboration with the UMMHC Department of Pathology
- Available with Clinical Pathology Diagnosis
Bone Marrow and Blood Collection
- Study to collect blood and/or bone marrow from patients with blood disorders, blood cell malignancies and associated conditions to give us further information regarding the differences between normal blood cells and the blood cells of affected individuals. Clinical Trial NCT01174615, Principal Investigator: Jan Cerny, M.D., Ph.D.
- Specimens are available as fresh cell isolates, frozen cell isolates, or unprocessed
- Tissue Procurement for Avatar Institute
- Your tissue can be processed and embedded to paraffin
- Your paraffin or frozen blocks can be sectioned and stained
- Specific Study Needs Can Be Met
- Fresh tissue can be placed immediately in your media
- Pathology reports and clinical data
- Pictures of H&E slides
- Inquire for more
Please use the Request Specimens form for all tissue requests.