Residency Program Benefits
- Competitive Salary - http://www.umassmed.edu/gme/stipend.aspx
- Vast selection of Health Insurance Programs
- Paid basic dental coverage, with option to purchase additional coverage
- Low cost vision insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Life insurance, with option to purchase additional coverage
- Malpractice/liability insurance
- Paid leave – Jury Duty and Bereavement
- Workers compensation
- State Employee Retirement Plan
- Voluntary retirement savings plans (403b and 457a)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dependent care reimbursement account
- Employee Assistance program
- Child Care Center on campus
- UMass Five College Credit Union on site, with Residency and Relocation Loan Program available to all incoming PGY-1s, or those within 12 months after graduation from medical school.
- Paid vacation/sick time in accordance with American Board of Anesthesiology requirements (See section 2.03 "ABSENCE FROM TRAINING" of the ABA's Booklet of Information, 2013 edition.) http://www.theaba.org/pdf/BOI.pdf
- 3 interview days for CA-3 residents
- Department supported conference/meeting time (5 days) for CA-3 residents
- Meeting time and financial support for presentations at national meetings for residents at all levels of training
- Annual educational allowance ($1000 PGY-1-3 year; $1500 PGY-4 year); may be used for books, tablets, laptops, USMLE, board review, etc.
- Massachusetts temporary license fee reimbursement
- Paid memberships to anesthesia and medical societies (AMA, ASA - with subscription to Anesthesiology, IARS - with subscription to Anesthesia & Analgesia, Massachusetts Medical Society, Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists)
- BLS/ACLS/ATLS/PALS certification classes offered
- AccessAnesthesiology, in addition to other electronic resources available in departmental library
- Teleconferenced and video captured Grand Rounds, as well as video capture of all didactic sessions, available for distance viewing on departmental intranet.
- On call meal allowance
- Newly renovated call room, as well as resident office/lounge suite in close proximity to the O.R. with computers and network printer, television, refrigerator and microwave
- Scrubs, labcoats, ID badges, and beepers
- Fitness Center – Opened on April 22, 2013 within new 500,000 sq. ft. Albert Sherman Center, complete with education, research, simulation, fitness and dining facilities. For more information click here
Any additional questions may be directed to Lisa Nicholson, Residency Program Coordinator at 508-856-3821 or email@example.com.