Interpersonal Mindfulness Training for MBSR Teachers
How to Apply
Please submit your application via email to: CFM.OASIS@umassmed.edu
Your application should include a current CV or resume AND a cover letter (as described below). These should be submitted as attached documents.
The $50 application fee may be paid with a credit card or by check payable to the CFM and mail to:
Center for Mindfulness
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
please write "IMT 11/08" in the Memo line
Your application should consist of the following:
- Your $50 non-refundable application fee
- Your current CV or resume, which includes information about your professional training and graduate degree, if any, in the fields of health care, psychology, education or a related field.
- A cover letter which includes the following,
- The name and dates of the program for which you are applying,
- How you meet all of the program’s prerequisites,
- A personal meditation practice
- Participation in at least one 5-10 day silent, teacher-led retreat
- Attendance in at least one of Oasis’ Foundational Training Programs (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in Mind-Body Medicine: A 7-DayResidential Training/Retreat and/or the Practicum in Mindfulness-Based StressReduction: Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives)
- Currently teaching MBSR classes
- How you learned about this program, what draws you to participate in it, and your vision or intentions for integrating it into your work,
- A description and brief history of your personal psychological and spiritual development,
- A description and brief history of your meditation training, the tradition(s) in which you practice, your regularity of practice, all teacher-led retreats you have attended, and the meaning of practice in your life and work,
- A description and brief history of your yoga or other bodywork training and practice.
Cancellation policy: Your registration represents a commitment. Because spaces in our training programs are limited, your tuition is non-refundable.