Iota Phi-at-Large Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
Worcester State University, University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing at Worcester, and Anna Maria College
Awards (Scholarship) Application
Deadline to submit completed scholarship application is March 15, 2014
The Iota Phi-at-Large Chapter supports professional scholarship. Three $1000 scholarships have been established for current or potential chapter members who are students in the three academic programs of the chapter. One scholarship will be awarded per school.
- Current or potential membership in Iota Phi-at-Large Chapter.
- Current enrollment or graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Current enrollment in an accredited Baccalaureate, Master’s or Doctoral program associated with this at-large chapter.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Undergraduate student applicants must have completed one-half of the required nursing curriculum to apply for Sigma Membership. Graduate student applicants must have completed one-quarter of required graduate curriculum.
Please include the following information in your application:
Section I: Personal Information
Current Academic Program
Section II: Supporting Documentation
- Transcript from current academic program of study with evidence of 3.0 GPA- unofficial is acceptable.
- Documentation of current enrollment in nursing program.
- One letter of recommendation (on letterhead) from a supervisor, administrator, professor or dean/chairperson who is familiar with your achievements.
- Résumé with a cover letter briefly describing your academic achievements, professional role, and, if applicable, community service.
Please print and sign this statement and return with your application.
Send your application via email (scan documents and attach to email) to Ellen Rearick.
Please put this in the subject line:
Iota Phi Awards Application your last name
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Ellen Rearick at the email above.
Award Scholarship application revised 10/09/2013 for applications submitted March 15, 2014.