Rural Health Scholars Pathway
The goal of this course is to foster students' interest in and desire to learn about issues related to practicing in rural and small town communities as well as to help them develop contacts with rural health clinicians and leaders while learning skills useful to rural/small town practice.
- To identify and then nurture the interest of students who would like to explore issues related to pursuing a career in rural health.
- To help participating students acquire the skills and develop the attitudes necessary to become effective clinicians in rural and small town communities.
- To expose students to the important linkages between clinical practice and public health in developing healthy rural communities.
- To introduce students to clinicians who are practicing in rural and small town communities in Massachusetts and New England.
- To foster relationships among student Scholars and introduce them to others in the medical, public health, and governmental sectors who are working to meet the needs of rural communities.
- To foster a connection between medical and graduate school of nursing students who share an interest in rural/small town practice.
For further information, please contact: