Message from the Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
Michele P. Pugnaire, MD
Welcome to our website. We invite you to explore the resources, initiatives and offices that comprise the Office of Educational Affairs (OEA), the operational core for the School of Medicine’s educational mission. The focus of our work centers on the institutional strategic imperatives of “Building the Workforce of the Future” and “Designing an Ideal Learning Environment”. These two goals have stimulated unprecedented advances including:
- comprehensive curriculum redesign for the school of medicine
- expansion of class size in all three schools on the Worcester campus
- growth of educational affiliations
- capital investments in the educational infrastructure including:
- state-of-the-art Anatomical Sciences facility
- technology infused Integrated Teaching and Learning Center (iTLC)
- student independent study space
- clinical skills suite
- construction of a new education and research facility with dedicated space for learning communities, and an expanded Center for Experiential Learning and Simulation (CELS).
It is an exciting time at UMMS. We invite you to bookmark our site and check in often for the ways we are expanding excellence for our educational mission.