In the last years sequencing has become the readout of choice for many assays ranging from transcriptional annotation and quantification (RNA-Seq), protein-nucleic acid interactions (ChIP and CLIP sequencing), genotyping through exome or whole genome sequencing. While allowing for unbiased, genome-wide data generation, the analysis of this data requires significant computational expertise and is often not carried out by those who generate it.
The Bioinformatics core mission is two-fold:
- To evaluate, select, and implement when needed the best of breed computational solutions for the analysis of biological data.
- To allow those who generate the data to be able to analyze it using state of the art methods by reducing the computational expertise required to apply these methods.
The Bioinformatics core complements our software solutions by sponsoring a monthly seminar, by training sessions describing the theoretical and practical aspects of the solutions we host and by actively participating in the bioinformatics list serve where specific analysis questions are discussed.
- If you are experiencing problems with Galaxy, GenePattern or any of our applications please report it.
- Subscribe to our seminar announcements
- Subscribe to the computational biology and bioinformatics discussion forum